Friday, November 20, 2009

The Play Date Cafe Challenge


My friend, Julie Campbell (A Vintage Chic), is hosting today's Creativity Challenge #5 over on The Play Date Cafe. This is my first time playing and I just had THE BEST time!

I, like Julie, LOVE anything vintage and so it was great fun creating today's Vintage Work of Art! If you have never been to Julie blog ... oh my gosh, you are really missing something wonderful!! She is SO creative not only in cardmaking but she shares recipes, home made projects, childhood stories ... and much, much more!!! Please stop over and when you do, tell her I said Hi!! You won't be sorry ... just the opposite, you will be hooked!!
With these lovely, rich colors to work with, I started going through some of my vintage images I've had sitting aside for some time now. I stumbled upon these "Angels" from http://www.craftyindividuals.co.uk/ and thought this particular image was perfect!! Aren't they adorable!! I also started digging through my scrap bin for designer paper I just knew I would have to match in with this image before having to cut into yet another 12x12 sheet. (I just hate cutting into my vintage paper .. it's too pretty to mess up ... wow, do I have a problem, LOL)!
As you can see, I did find various dps that worked beautifully. As far as embellishments, I used a "scrap" of this luscious organza ribbon for my bow, Martha Stewart punched branches, Creative Memories punched stars, Basic Grey half pearls and silver Stickles. (I wish you could see the sparkle ... so much prettier IRL). I also used the Labels 9 Nestabilities for the matting of my image and popped it up with dimensional tape. The lace is from a spool I purchased at JoAnn's a good while back ... can't have vintage without lace!!! That's the rule!!!
I hope you enjoyed my creation. I'm sure I'll be playing along in this challenge again soon! That Julie ... she's such an enabler!!! {hugs Jules!!}. Thanks so much for stopping by today. Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT CHALLENGE!!! See you then!!

16 comments:

  1. YAY, Darlene! Fabulous card, my friend! Beautiful in every way! You're absolutely right--can't do vintage without lace...or glitter...or......! Love what you did!

    Thanks for your kind support of The Play Date Cafe', and for me--you are always so good to me! Hope you're having a marvellous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Dar, this is just gorgeous my friend!! Those colors are sooo strikinig together and what a fab inspirational creation you've made!! Love the Vintage!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning!!! Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!
    Vintage AND purple on the same card - I am so green here!!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a coll looking card Darlene! I love it! I love vintage photos and you make this one look so soft. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Darlene this is fantastic girl...lovin that added lace and vintage with purple AWESOME!!! Great card girl and enjoy your weekend!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just such a pretty card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME CARD !!! Darlene its one of your best evhhhhha the colors are perfect and the image wow just love the total package!
    Hugs
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why am I not surprised you did this challenge?

    DUH! there's PURPLE in it!

    Looks like you had fun making it for sure.

    Pammyjo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so glad that Jules inspired you to play along in the challenge.

    This is a beautiful translation of the colors!

    So glad to have you as part spending time at The Play Date Cafe....a new challenge comes on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Beautiful Dar, love the vintage look!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a truly sweet vintage. Thanks for taking the Play Date Cafe Challenge with us. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I agree with Jules comment exactly. You can't go wrong on vintage with lace, glitter, and your hands. You create the most gorgeous vintage cards. Love this color challenge. I'm going to have to try to find time to play. Hey have you been to the Practical Scrappers message boards? We're having an online crop this weekend. I'm hosting one, you would do great, lots of fabby prizes!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's just gorgeous Darlene! What lovely colors you used here, and I just love everything about it! From the starts and sprigs to your ribbon and image...it's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful. The shades of the colours you have used, the image, the bow - the total composition of the card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just beautiful.. you pull off the vintage look so well.. everything about this card is BEAUTIFUL.. thanks for playing with us at The Cafe.. HUGS :)

    ~I am holding DT tryouts.. I HOPE you will come take a look.. I have FREE digital stamps there too.. a new one is added each Wed.. blog candy top sidebar.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.