Sunday, November 22, 2009

Delicious Doodles ... check 'em out!


If you are looking for an awesome digi to create masculine cards with ... you'll find it over at my friend Teri Sherman's (Teri's Cards & Toppers) site. On her left sidebar, you will find a link to her store where you can see all of her digis available for purchase ... Delicious Doodles Digi Store. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this Deer & Fawn image because I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!! I know my SIL and grandson will LOVE this image!!

While you are at Teri's blog ... check out her personal works-of-art for inspiration. She's very talented in her creations! I just love how she adds a lot of dimension to her cards by cutting out and popping up! Well ... you'll see what I mean when you scan down through her work.
What do you think?? My background paper is from the DCWV Rustic 12x12 pack and I've used Stampscapes images/Versafine black ink to stamp over the dp for my "wooded scene". Using the Nestabilities Labels 9, I've diecut my image and gold metallic mat. I've used Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol to color the deer and although it's difficult to see, I've used a makeup applicator and blue chalk to soften the white backing around the image. Added a strip of brown gingham ribbon and my creation was complete.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! We made the 2 hour trip to Pittsburgh, PA yesterday to celebrate Thanksgiving with Mark's Mom. She didn't know who we were but she seemed happy to have the companionship. My Brother & Sister in Law live close by the home where my MIL resides and my SIL is a true saint!! She goes over EVERY day and spoon feeds Mom since she's unable to feed herself anymore. It was a nice visit and they were happy to see Mark too since we haven't made it back to Pittsburgh but once since his transplant.

We will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year and the kids are joining us. I purchased the turkey today and it's in the fridge thawing (I hope) ... I'm always afraid it will still be half frozen come Thanksgiving morning! Have a wonderful remainder of the weekend!

I have a surprise for you tomorrow !!! I've been asked to be a Guest Designer for >>>>>>>>> ooopps, can't tell you yet ... you'll have to stop back tomorrow to see WHO it is. See you then!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey friend - thanks for the plug!!
    You worked wonders with my little image - loving the backing you put it with. And loving the colour scheme too - fabulous!!
    BIG hugs,
    Teri xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza, Dar, this is beautiful! Great image and gorgeous background!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is just stunning!!! Such a fantastic guy card!!!Love it!!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely masculine card, Darlene!

    So glad you could visit your MIL yesterday--even if she didn't remember who you were, she still feels the love from you, I'm sure!

    I always have that frozen-turkey-on-Thanksgiving fear--kind of like that dream where you show up at school naked, or something like that!


    Have a marvellous day, my friend--thanks for your kind visit today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fabulous image and card! I have to make 4 masculine cards next month, and I am just dreading it. I just don't enjoy making them.

    Enjoy your thanksgiving, and congrats on being chosen a Guest Desginer for 'whoever' lol!

    I love your new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh....I just love this card, Darlene! You've really done justice to this amazing image =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.