Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Crafty Secrets Challenge - Initial Technique

Happy Tuesday Everyone!! Today I'm happy to say I am your hostess on the SCS Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge and I've tried to put a little TWIST on it! I've asked the ladies to go to the RESOURCES section of SCS and find a technique/style that begins with the FIRST initial of either their FIRST name or their LAST name ... (or both) and use that technique along with their Crafty Secrets product to create their card/project.
With my name being Darlene Pavlick, I've chosen to do a Diagonal Double Pocket card using the Poppin' Pastel technique. This card style has a couple variations to it ... you can check it out HERE. I've used Christmas red cardstock for my base card and after doing my special folds, have edged those folds using a gold Pilot marker. The Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas large stamp set are the images I've used on this creation. I stamped my vintage Santa using Versamark onto Whisper White cs then using a cotton ball and Pan Pastel Green Artist Chalk, brought my Santa to life. I then used Nestabilities classic circles and scallop circles for my focus panel. The tags are by Paper Reflections and were covered using Crafty Secrets Radiant designer paper ... then Darice satin ribbon was added to the tops.
This creation also fits the challenge going on over on the Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays Blog - Special Folds. Be sure to check out what the DT has created for even more inspiration.
I hope you enjoyed this little creation and I hope you'll come play along! I'm also hosting the Crafty Secrets Group Challenges over on Papercraft Planet the first Sunday of each month and would love to have you join me there! Have a great day everyone and thanks so much for stopping by ... I'm always thrilled to hear from you!!

9 comments:

  1. How fun, Darlene! I haven't been over there yet--still trying to wake up! You think of the cleverest things! Hope your day is marvellous--see you at SCS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever, Darlene....I would have went easy like...Designer Paper! lol

    This is gorgeous...love that vintage Santa and the papers! Never made a double pocket...your is amazing!!!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Idea Dar.....your card is gorgeous , such fun Christmas ideas and I love this layout/technique.
    Off to the challenge at the CSSC forum on SCS.

    Pammyjo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever card! Great idea as the hostess! I love your design and that Santa is just fabby! Yummy papers too. I'm going to check out the K's and I might try to find time to play in this one!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene,
    I love that Santa! Great card and tags. I love the way you sponge the details on the Santa. Great job!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a terrific challenge. And your double pocket is gorgeous. Love the Santa image and the scallops. The tags are perfect. You've made another amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just amazing. I love the Santa image. Thanks for joining us at SSDS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this double pocket fold!!! Awesome creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wowzer!! Now this is sooo stunning Dar!! I love the double pocket with your tags!! So pretty!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.