Tuesday, March 22, 2022

A Balloon Birthday!

 

 Hello All!
I hope today finds you in good health and happy!

I've been wanting to play along in a few other challenges available out there in blogland but I've been so tied up trying to work ahead on all my design team projects that I just haven't taken the time ... well that is, until today!!!

Here's a card for the challenge over on Festive Friday ... here's their fun list to pick from today . . .

#festivefridaychallenge
#FF0001

 I went with:   Balloons, Polka Dots, Bright Colors and Celebatory Sentiment (oh yea and LAYERS probably qualify too).


Even though I popped up the two smaller and 1 large balloon for added dimension, I see now that I should have watched my positioning on the center small balloon ... blends right in with the ones behind.  Ooops!  lol

My polka dot background paper comes from the Sunny Studio double sided Dots & Stripes 6x6 paper pack.  The paper I used to die cut my balloons is a panel from the Craft Consortium 'Ink Drops - Candy' 6x6 paper pack.  The balloons are from Impression Obsession (DIE 359).

 Balloons

The sentiment is from Pink Fresh - Perfect Sentiments stamp & die set.

 Here's a peek at the inside of my card . . .


Yep, I had an extra balloon so used it inside.  I also used a OLD Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch to punch out a few cute butterflies from what was left of the paper panel I cut my balloons from (waste not want not ya know! lol).

 Here's another photo coming from the opposite angle.
I'm very happy with how this card came together.  What a fun challenge.

 


The striped panel is the part I had to cut off the designer paper to have the correct size for my A6 card.  Luckily with it being 2-sided I could simply flip it over and add it as another design element.

 Thanks so much for stopping by today ... I so appreciate your visit!!
As always . . .


7 comments:

  1. Great colors !!!!
    Also the inside !!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say this is very festive, great use of that paper on the balloons, I like how you carried it on the inside too with your extra one. I just used my butterfly punch yesterday too, I have to get a picture of it yet and get it on my blog, I love that punch :) So nice you had time to do another challenge, I don't know how you find the time that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous make, Darlene! Love the papers that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene those ink drop papers are fabulous for your colourful balloons - I love the hint of sparkle too. A beautiful fun and festive card both inside and out! Thanks for playing with us over at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful bouquet of balloons and what a wonderful use of the DSP! I also love how you carried them through to the inside of the card. So glad you shared this party on a card with us at Festive Friday
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your #bright&happy card, Darlene! The balloon paper is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.