Saturday, March 12, 2022

Can You Handle The Pressure - Plaid

Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is 'PLAID'.  Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  
 
  • The embossing folder I'm using today is by Sizzix but sold through Stampin' Up and is titled 'Honeycomb'.  
  • For my PLAID, I decided on this panel from the Your Next Stamp 'Summer Plaid' 6x6 paper pad.  
  • I had a scrap strip of green (although it looks blue in the photo) and ran it through the same embossing folder then snipped away all but this decorative panel and added my sentiment using letter from the Memory Box (99154) Alphabet die. 
  • My flower is a stamp from the new Rubbernecker release called Birthday Lilies (3494) and I've colored it with Tombow markers before fussy cutting.
  • My 'bees' are from the Jan 2021 Hero Arts Kit called 'Flowers & Bees'.  When all was done I added some Ranger 'Glossy Accents' to the wings of my bees.
 

Challenge to share in:

Ellibelle's Corner Crafty Wednesday March Challenge - Spring is in the Air
Clever Dexter Challenge #27 - Hello Spring
The Crafting Challenge March Challenge - Spring is here
Just Us Girls Challenge #623 - Embossing Folders

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .
 


9 comments:

  1. Wow, a Bee-tiful card with all the design elements you have used, beautiful job of fussy cutting too!! Like your blog change to shamrocks too, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card sis, [think I called Diane Sis as well]. love the bees and designx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love the embossing and beautiful flowers and Bees
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that is beautiful, I so love the plaid with this embossing folder and how you cut out that strip and added it is just genius!! Your flowers and bees are so pretty and a great touch with the gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't played with my hexagon embossing folder in ages, but I love what you've done with it here! I especially love that sentiment panel - such a brilliant idea! Those flowers and bees look so pretty too and I wish I could see them outside my window today instead of the raging snowstorm we're having right now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just so cheerful and pretty, Darlene! I love the bees and honeycomb, and totally brilliant move to do the sentiment like that. Pretty coloring, love the glossy wings. A very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a detailed card. Love how you combined all the elements! Best of luck and hope to see you again.
    Kinjal DT
    http://www.cleverdexter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great texture with the hexagon patterns and those bees are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The plaid background looks absolutely amazing with the embossing over it. And gorgeous florals and bees! A truly fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.