Monday, March 28, 2022

In Need of Sympathy Cards ...

Hello All and Happy Monday!

While going through my sale boxes of cards I realized I was down to only 1 or 2 sympathy cards and since I'm taking along my cards this Friday to visit my cousins for our monthly Cousins Breakfast over in PA, I thought I'd better get some made to share.  

Although I had planned on making at least a half dozen yesterday, Mr. Mojo once again had different ideas and I only had two made when my mojo ran up the steps and out of the craft room.  But I did get two made and will share them with you today.  

While making these cards, I decided it would be best to create 1 masculine and 1 feminine as I go that way I will have equal amounts of both ... so here ya go.

 

 A very easy peasy card letting the designer paper do the work.  The paper I've used is from another Mintay 6x6 paper pack called 'City of Love'.  For my sentiment I have die cut a circle using Tutti Designs Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles, the sentiment is from Stamp Simply  'Sympathy Sentiments Set 1' and I've used a portion of the stamp from Pink Fresh Studio called 'Leafy Decor' along the top which was colored using Tombow markers.

 The inside verse for both cards was created using another stamp from Stamp Simply called Sympathy Sentiments Set 2.


Today's masculine sympathy card uses paper from Craft Consortium called 'Ink Drops - Ocean'. 
My front circular sentiment panel uses the same Pink Fresh 'Leafy Decor' stamp and a different stamp from the Stamp Simply Sympathy Sentiments Set 2 as linked above.


Now I must admit a boo boo ... 

While adhering my sentiment panel to the front of my card, I rubbed the side of my hand across the sentiment panel to be sure it was adhered securely only to find I must have had something on my hand which the left a swirl across the left side of my leafy decor stamped image.   GRRRRR

So instead of having to do all over again, I got the bright idea to use one of my circular dies as a template and had an arch where the smear was located and add a heart to the end. VIOLA!  Problem solved and I don't think it looks too bad at all ... maybe even a little 'artsy' on my part!  LOL


Anyways, I have physical therapy in a few hours so if I'm going to get any more sympathy cards made today I'd better get busy!

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead and I hope it's warmer where you are then it is here ... good grief only 19 degrees right now with a high of 27 ... doesn't Mother Nature realize it is SPRING??  

Thanks for stopping by!

As always . . .



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very stylish. I love the phrase.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are very beautiful nd a fabulous use of those pretty papers, great save too, where there is a will, there is a way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both just beautiful, I love that idea of having the stamp go off the circle like that with the sentiment! Good save on your part with the second card :)
    Hope all goes well with Physical therapy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.