Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Old Rejected Stamps


Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Our theme, chosen by Sistah Ina, is:
 
Use an OLD REJECTED STAMP
(mention approx. how old it is)

OMG , I could have gone in so many different directions for today's card creation ... I have LOTS of OLD stamps just begging to be shown some love.  
I spotted the drawer of stamps labeled 'Misc' so rummaged through there and found this very old (minimum of 10 years) LaBlanche stamp.  I'm not even sure this company still exists.

 

I've used Prisma color pencils for my coloring, a Gold Round Tip Pilot Marker to create the 'edge' on both my blue background panel as well as the main focus image and the Pretty Pink Posh 'Simple Sentiments' clear stamp set for the sentiment panel.

Nuvo crystal drops were used for the centers of the flowers ... that added a nice touch of dimension too.

 

Challenges to share in:

Everybody Art Challenge #509 - "B" for Birthday
Colouring in Scrapland March Challenge - ATG or We Encourage Reading (I've gone with Anything Goes)
Jan's Digi Stamps March Challenge - Anything Goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2210 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Add Some Green

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


10 comments:

  1. Stunning, amazing old stamp and so pretty....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stamp and the way you coloured the flowers. It should stay in front of all other stamps you have got for using it more often!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card and beautiful flowers. Take care! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a gorgeous image! This old stamp definitely should see more use this Spring! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is great that this challenge came up because this is a beautiful stamp and you have colored it wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my word, a gorgeous stamp! Looking at the bottom of the stamp it's hard to believe it would stamp out such a beautiful image. I do love this type of stamp as they color up so beautifully. You did an amazing job with your pencils. Big WOW, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a challenge theme! I would definitely have a hard time deciding which stamp to use. Your card is so pretty and spring-y!! We're happy that you shared this with us at PIP Challenges this week! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous birthday card! Great old stamp. This bunch of flowers is so beautiful. And it´s coloured so beautifully. So awesome! For me it nearly appear as if I see an old cross stitch. My mum often did those cushions and similar things.
    And this frame of gold and blue is so proper to the image. Great design!
    Thank you very much for playing along with the EAC challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, Darlene! I love the stamp you used and your coloring is perfectly done. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Darlene what a beautiful stamp and how beautiful you have coloured it. Fabulous framed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.