Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sharing a little kindness . . .

 Happy Sunday Morning Everyone!

Before covid hit, hubby & I would go to Bob Evans for breakfast 3 times a week but during covid we quit going out completely and when things started getting better, we started back but only on Sunday morning when the doors opened at 7 am.  There turns out to be a half dozen of us that show up at the same time every Sunday morning and we have become known as the 'regulars' and know each other by first name now.

Within this group is a little lady named Cathy who comes in with her son and they come quite a distance because our waitress Roni is such a pleasure to see each week.  

Anyone who knows me knows I can be a bit of a talker and not afraid to say Hello (even if I don't know you lol).  Well that's how Cathy & I have become 'once a week' friends.  A few weeks ago I discovered that she & my granddaughter share the same birthday date (March 30) so I knew immediately I wanted to remember to make her a special card.  So, here's the card I made and gave to her this morning ... she was thrilled and very thankful to be thought of on this upcoming milestone.

There are panels in my 6x6 Mintay booklets that I hate to cut into to create my usual A6 cards but since I was hand delivering this one I figured I'd go with the 6x6 size for Cathy as I felt she would enjoy the beautiful flowers & birds on this panel.

Inside view

A very easy peasy card to create and since Cathy had mentioned a few weeks back that she couldn't find good crepes anywhere around I decided to make her up a batch.  I used to make these for my mom all the time and I know she enjoyed them.  So now that mom is gone,  I will make them periodically for Cathy.  She said they will be a wonderful lunchtime treat.

My day is already complete since I was able to put a smile on this little ladies face. 
A little kindness can go a very long way!!

I wish more people would THINK before they SPEAK and show a little kindness vs hatred!  But all I can do is try to lead by example and hopefully it will catch on!  We could sure use more kindness in our world today!

Challenges to share in:

 Dream Valley Challenge #266 - Springtime
Taylormade Cards4U - ATG Twist - Spring Flowers
Just Us Girls #625 - Photo Week

Enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Getting a little snow this morning and down into the teens tonight ... brrr!
AND it's to be 70 on Wednesday ... good grief lol ... welcome to NE Ohio!

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. What a very nice friend to have and love the beautiful card you have made with the beautiful paper and the crepes look delicious
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a special lady and it is no wonder that you create special moments that others will not forget. This is a beautiful card for a special lady and those thoughtful lunches will continue to please her. I need a tissue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that is gorgeous, I can see why you wouldn't want to cut that up, I am sure she was very thrilled with it and your sweet thoughtfulness in the treat! Love the stitching on those numbers. So glad you can get out once again and scattered your kindness around too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of you to brighten Cathy's birthday with your wonderful Spring filled card, Darlene Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girld

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many spring good vibes in this card. It could do nothing but brighten Cathy's day. Thanks so much for joining in at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kindness speaks volumes, and you are a very kind person. A beautiful card, thoughtful gift. I know she was very touched.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.