Thursday, March 3, 2022

Showing support for the people of Ukraine ...

 Hello my friends!

I don't think I'm the only one who feels like the world has gone totally crazy!
With all the crap going on in our own country (which drives me totally bonkers on a daily basis), I'm just SO THANKFUL that we aren't dealing with the terrible things that are going on in the Ukraine right now.  I just keep praying that things will turn around and settle down.  

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE FRIENDS???

Anyways, I spotted on FB the other day that Marcella Hawley, owner & artist of PowerPoppy is offering up some beautiful SUNFLOWER digis as free digital downloads to support Ukraine.  The sunflower is the national flower of Ukraine.  God Bless her for doing this and please be sure to check it out and show your support.

Here is my first card using the Sunshine of my Life digital image.


Inside View

I have used Tombow Watercolor Markers for the coloring of these images.
I have kept the inside blank so I could use these cards for a variety of occasions ... depending on the situation and write my own message.

My second card uses the Sunflower Power digital set.


Inside View


For an added embellishment on this card, I die cut some leaves and placed them here & there.  And since I had extra space at the bottom of my image panel on this card, I decided to add a scrap of white and then die cut the MB Large Classic Alphabet Letters X & O to signify Hugs & Kisses.  I colored another scrap of white card stock using the same green Tombow marker as I used on the leaves in the image before die cutting.

Challenges to share in:

The Card Concept Challenge #170 - Wearing of the Green

Crafting Happiness March Challenge #121 - ATG

AND this challenge in support of Ukraine ...

Color Hues Challenge - Mood Board



Thanks so much for stopping by today and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

As always . . .


13 comments:

  1. Amen and bless our country neighbours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your cards are absolutely beautiful and colored beautifully too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this too and just got them printed out, now find time to color them :)
    You did a beautiful job with these, lovely coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunflowers on both cards! Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Darlene! I am also selling my cards and donating all the proceeds to Ukrainian Red Cross. People of Ukraine did not ask for this and need all the help they can get!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowie, your coloring rocks these beautiful sunflowers all to pieces, Darlene! Nice of Marcy to offer these. I'm driven bonkers every day, too. What has happened here and when is it going to stop? Now this in the Ukraine... another madman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fab cards in support of the Ukraine crisis.
    Thanks for linking up at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your thoughts mirror my own on our world of today. It takes much less energy to be kind to one another than it does to be hateful, and yet look where we are? It's just sad for everyone. On a bright note, your cards are just beautiful with those colorful flowers on each one! Today is a new day and I try to face them all with a big smile and a hopeful outlook! Sending hugs your way too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome card, Dar. The people of the Ukraine need our love and prayers. Honestly, so do a lot of people....but that's another story, right? Thanks for sharing this special card in our challenge at The Card Concept. I always enjoy seeing your wonderful creativity.
    Blessings,
    karen L, DT
    The Card Concept

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are beautiful! I've been sending many prayers...In hope for peace...and to help hurting people...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful sunflower cards! Your coloring is beautiful! So happy you played along at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that sunflower Darlene :) Perfect coloring and great use of our colors. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.