Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Crafty Secrets - MASKquerade



Good Morning everyone! The sun is shining here in NE Ohio and I have a TON of outside work needing done ... but before I get started I wanted to play along with the SCS Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge.




Pammyjo is our hostess today and she has asked us to do a card using a "MASK". Not the technique, although I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem with that, but to create your own Halloween mask or use one of the Crafty Secrets images that has a mask in it. Since I'm not "artsy" enough to create my own mask, I decided to use an image with a mask and to use the masking technique on the inside of my creation. My image is from the Crafty Secrets Halloween Images & Journal Notes booklet and I have double matted it with orange and black cardstock for stability. My basecard is of very vanilla cardstock and A-6 in size (9-1/4" x 6-1/4" folded in half). In this case, I have made a Gate Card so the card was folded so both sides met in the middle. The designer paper used is Crafty Secrets (Radient) and Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holiday pack.



For the inside of my card, I have created a SPOOKY scene which started out by stamping the house from the SU "Home is Where the Haunt Is" set with versafine black then MASKING it using Eclipse masking medium. Then using various Stampscape images for the sky, tree, yard and fence as well as Anita images for the cat & witch, my scene came together. I've used a makeup applicator to color in my moon & windows. The inks I have used are old olive, summer sun, more mustard, soft sky, versafine black and versafine sepia. I've used prisma pencils to write out my invitation details. This was great fun to make ... I hope you enjoy it and are inspired to try something like this. It's amazing what you can do when you start looking through the images you have and putting them together. Of course I had some help by using my Stampscapes ... if you are not familiar with them, you can check them out HERE.
Well, the grass is starting to dry out so I guess it's time for me to get outside and get started! Time is flying by so fast I really must take advance of these possibly last few nice days. It's supposed to be in the upper 60's today and possibly 70 tomorrow. Besides, it's beautiful outside this time of the year ... everyones trees are in gorgeous fall color, the air is crisp and the smell of wood fires burning is awesome ... I love FALL!!! Happy Day Everyone! Thanks for stopping by!!




6 comments:

  1. Hey Dar! Love what you did with this card. Such an adorable image for the front. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene... Love your invitation !! I wanna come to your party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow lady!! This is just AWESOME!! I love the vintage image on the front and your scenery on the inside is waaaay cool!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. These vintage scenes are always a favorite, but you saved the best for inside -- Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, Darlene, these are fabulous!!! I love that inside scene...wowza!
    great job my talented friend!!!!
    Blessings, maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea, really, I want to come too! this is the most incredible invitation I do believe I'v ever seen! Wowzers!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.