Monday, October 19, 2009

Digital-Ink Co. (DIC0007) Challenge

It's Monday and time for another Digital-Ink Co. Challenge. This week we are challenged to make ANYTHING BUT A CARD. You don't want to miss the creations posted by my team mates this week .... AMAZING ideas and inspiration!! There will be a link to each of their blogs at the end of my post ... please check them out!!




I did make a CARD but it's a MONEY card for the holidays. We, the design team, are using images from another D-IC creator ... SEWN Together and the image I chose to use is Morty the Moose in Sleigh Bells (isn't he just toooooo cute!!). Please be sure to check out all the sweet images Angela has available at our SHOPPE. Our sponsor this week is another awesome creator ... M&M Designz. You'll want to check out Judy's images while you are visiting the SHOPPE too.



Details for my creation are as follows: Base card is 8-1/2" x 6-3/4" ... scored at 2-1/2" and 5-1/2". When taping the sides of the panel which will hold the money ... be sure not to use adhesive larger than 1/4" wide or your money won't fit. I have used a 1-1/4" circle punch for my center slide out 1/2 circle cut. Morty was colored with Prisma pencils, Gamsol & Prismacolor Markers. My designer paper is from the Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holidays pack and the felt snowflakes are from Creative Impressions. Decorating inside and out of these money holders is endless!



Why not come play along and share your creativity with us! Be sure to make a direct link back to Mr. Linky on our Challenge Blog and if you are uploading to other online galleries (SCS, PCP, etc.) be sure to use the keyword/tag: DIC0007. I can' t wait to see what you create ... I could sure use some new ideas ... REALLY!!! Here is what you will be playing for this week! This beautiful vintage image is by M&M Designz and it could be yours!!


The winner has been drawn for the Blog Raffle ... be sure to jump on over to see if YOU where the lucky winner!!!

AND


We also still have the 50% off Sale going on until the end of the month! What an awesome bargain on these creative images. Be sure to check out each of the creators and make your purchases before you run out of time!!



As promised, here are the links to my fellow team member's blogs. Please stop by and show them a little blogger love with a comment.

Boni - Diane - Jackie - Jennifer - Kim - Micki - Raquel - Tanis - Teri



Thanks for stopping by today and thank you in advance for any comments you may leave! I'm working on several things for an upcoming craftshow and hope to share a few projects with you over the next few days. Until then, I wish you a happy, fun, creative day!

20 comments:

  1. AWWW What a sweet image!! This is sooo cute Darlene, fantastic card gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Darlene! Why I'm awake this early, I couldn't tell you! So, I thought I'd check out all my creative friends' blogs since I'm up! Adorable card, my friend! I'll be checking back to see what you've got cooking for the craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome as always! Wouldn't have thought of a money holder!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute Darlene, and smiled the minute I saw it! That image is adorable and I love your added blue snowflakes, it really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute money card! Love Morty the Moose and your paper is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a very clever idea!! and you are right - money sure does bring 'joy' for a holiday giftie!!! :D such a cute idea! lovvvvvve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't like a money holder?! =) Awesome choice - it definitely brings joy! Great job, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable money card and perfect idea to stock up on this before the holiday rush!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene!! Great card... How was your weekend? Do anything fun?
    We had beautiful weather and got lots of yardwork done, out to dinner with friends and time with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I think you cheated a little, but its an adorable 'money card'. I love how the sentiment is colored like peppermint candy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is perfect!!!!!! Love the idea (cuz I need to make a whole bunch of these, lol) and the image is colored sooooo cute & christmasy LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with this image. Your coloring is absolutely wonderful too!

    Angela
    SEWN Together

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute Darlene, just makes me want to squeeze his cheeks! And your card for Saturday Spotlight is amazing - wonderful what you did with these stamps and what a perfect man card - always on the hunt for those. Thanks so much - I always enjoy stopping by and hearing from you also. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dar!! WOW!! What a really sad looking reindeer!! :) He sure looks adorable with that yummy paper and coloring though!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never made a money holder.. This turned out great Darlene.. Wow what a sale that is.. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a sweet image Darlene!! I have never made a money holder. Maybe cause I have no money to give. Tee hee! Great dp and coloring!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that's a great idea!! I love your darling money card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea to make a money holder!! This is a cute image!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dar my love,

    I so so love what you did with this stamp!! It just doesn't get much cuter than this.

    Wowzer Sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, you really rocked this one! Love this money card! your paper is just perfect for this image! Love the way you did his scraf in blue and added the blue snowflakes! You rocked it toots!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.