Wednesday, October 21, 2009

SCS Sketch Challenge and Blog Candy Winnings

Boy, I hope the sun is shining where you are today ....
it is a BEAUTIFUL day here in N.E. Ohio!!!



I know you are asking yourself ... then why is she in the house and not outside ... well, I wanted to create a couple of cards to share with you all ... and THEN, I'm headed outdoors to complete my fall cleanup project!!! I'm headed to Indiana this weekend to join in on a fun GET TOGETHER with my friend Joan Fricker of Joan's Gardens has planned and I am SO EXCITED to be going. But I MUST get my chores completed first ... so I'd better be quick about it!!!




My first card was created for the Sketch Challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers. I recently purchased this sleigh image which was created by a local Ohio artist (StacyStamps) and thought it was perfect for today's layout.



Here are the deets on this creation:

Papers: Basic Grey dp, DCWV dp, Whisper White cs
Inks: Versafine black
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Gold Pilot Marker, Prima flowers & leaves, Creative Imaginations brad, metal ruler, craft knife



The other creation I would like to share with you today uses this adorable The Character Cafe image that I was lucky enough to win on Angie Cortes Designs Blog a short while back! Isn't he just the cutest little thing!!! His name is Christmas Scamp and it sure looks like he's in for trouble!!!


Here are the deets:

Stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment)
Papers: Christmas Red, Whisper White, DCWV Indian Summer Glitter dp (gift from Vicki Parsons - thanks lady!)
Inks: computer ink, Versafine black
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Fiskars decal scissors, JoAnn's organdy ribbon, Liquid Applique, Ranger embossing tinsel


Thanks so much for stopping by today ... now I'm headed outside to enjoy this lovely fall day and get some work done!! Hope you are having a wonderful day whereever you are and whatever you are doing!! Happy Stamping!!!

14 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Holiday cards!!! OOOO Scamp is just TOOOO CUTE!!! Congrats on winning girl, lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards, Darlene! Such cute digital images!

    You have so much fun, don't you? Off on another wonderful trip with stamping friends--I'm so jealous! But I'm happy that you get to do such fun things!

    My weather here is gorgeous, too--I'm so glad you're enjoying it there in Ohio--I miss those Ohio autumn days--dreamy! Just posted a couple of beautiful sunrise shots on my blog--it was especially stunning this morning! Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, these are fun cards!
    Have a great day cleaning up! You can come do mine after if you like - LOADSALEAVES!!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the sled for today's sketch - great idea to have it extend over the panel!! Aren't you the clever one : ) Have a fantastic trip if I'm not back before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sleigh is gorgeous and very classy for Chirstmas. Love this design! The little poochie is so precious! Love the way you colored her up and the glimmery ribbon is so perfect!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZER!! Dar, these are both some really rockin' creations!! I think they're adorable and you've done a beautiful job on incorporating everything you did!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable cards Darlene!! I love the card with Christmas Scamp, you did an awesome job with him!! Have fun in Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Darlene!! I love both of your creations GF!! The sleigh is so beautifully colored and layed out and the second image is just too cute!!! Great coloring on that little scamp!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these cristmas cards :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww I hope you have a great time.. You creations are so great.. I love the coloring you did.. What an awesome blog win.. It was gorgeous here in NC too..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great new look!! I love the little puppy...so Sidney. I hope you have a wonderful time with Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. too cute for words.... love it x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun and fabulous cards, Darlene...sooo fetive and perfect for christmas!!! I hope you had a great weekend...can't wait to see what you made with your stamping friends!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.