Monday, October 26, 2009

Is It Monday Already?????

Yes it is and that means it's time for another Digital-Ink Co. Challenge. This week we have a RECIPE CHALLENGE for you to play with and here is today's recipe: FABRIC ... GLITTER ... BUTTON(s) ... BOW.



The Design Team will be using digital images by the creator Jules Junk. Please pop over to the STORE and check out the images by Jules as well as all the amazing images available by our other awesome creators.





I chose to use Jules Truck Stamp and there is a GOOD REASON & STORY behind my decision!! Since the first thing on the recipe list is FABRIC, I wasn't sure where to begin! I don't do much sewing any more so needless to say, I don't have much in the line of fabric laying around! THEN THE LIGHT BULB CAME ON!! I saw this image and it had some meaning to me since there was a time in my life when I DROVE 18-WHEELER ... yes, you heard me right, I drove semi for a short period of time! Hey, I was adventureous and willing to give anything a try once ... THEN I GREW UP!!! I just happened to still have one of the flannel shirts I wore when I was driving and decided to cut the sleeves off of it and use a piece for my FABRIC portion of the recipe. For the buttons I chose to use SU Grommets and for the bows I did ribbon ties to match with the flannel material. I colored my image using Prisma pencils and Gamsol, matted it with Basic Black cardstock and bordered it with Gold Stickles. OH ... I don't know if you can see it in the photo or not ... but I used Crystal Effects on the windshield to add the illusion of glass glare.



I hope you enjoyed my creation & story ... now it's YOUR turn!! This week you'll be playing for a Sewn Together image and all you have to do is add your DIRECT LINK to Mr. Linky over on the Challenge Blog. Remember, if you are uploading to another online gallery (SCS, PCP, etc.), please use the keyword DIC0008.




Thanks for stopping by today!! I am still in Indiana with Joan Fricker but I'll be home later today and can't wait to see what you have created! PLEASE be sure to check out my DIGI-Sisters blogs for some awesome inspiration ... you can find links to them all on my sidebar. And beginning next week we have another treat for you ... we will have TWO Guest Designers who will share even more inspiration with you!! Have a great day!! Happy Stamping!!

13 comments:

  1. First off, I love your new blog look...it really suits your style : )

    Secondly, ya knocked me off my socks with that info...never would've guessed you once drove a semi...go figure!

    Love that you used that flannel shirt and those big grommets for it...it turned out great girl!

    Hope you had a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene this is SOOOO AWESOME!!! I just love how you used the fabric with the eyelets!!! Fantastic work...WOOOOOHOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job with this one - love the idea of chopping your clothes apart! Commitment to crafting or what! LOL
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Darlene! You always surprise me....a trucker?!?!?!?! Wow, girl! Wish we could sit down & chat sometime--it would be a blast! Thanks for sharing that today--brought a smile to my face, for sure!

    You must be having a ball--you're still gone! Have a safe trip home!

    Oh, yeah, and your card is great! Fabulous idea to use your shirt sleeve--you're just so darn clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you drove a semi! After BJ & the Bear was on I wanted to drive a semi too. Probably wouldn't have been as fun without the monkey though. hehe

    Your card is awesome. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the busiest blogger I know!! Fabulous work Darlene!! Every time I stop in there are 4 more cards to look at!!
    Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl, this combo (stamp with type of fabric) is PERFECT! I love it. I love this image :-) but really didn't know how to incorporate fabric & glitter, lol. You did it perfect!!!!!!! Love it!!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh now how cool is this!! I love that plaid fabric you've used!! You're so clever lady!!TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Just fab Darlene,what a clever idea to use your shirt,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, lots of goodies to share from you today! I agree with Cheryl, so loving the new blog look!
    Wowza, you driving a semi....who'd a thunk it? Not me!!!
    Love that card!
    I sure hope you are enjoying your time in Indiana!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the flannel and image! Great card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay - the fact that you drove really rocks, Dar!! Love this card and once I saw your fabric, that's ALL I could think of doing. Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dar,

    I love this Card. My dear sweet dad was a truck driver, and seeing this reminds me of him. Very very nicely done as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.