Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday Spotlight Challenge Time ...

Good Saturday Morning Everyone!!

(I hope this pops up properly ... I have preposted my challenge creation because I, along with my daughter & granddaughter are in Toledo, Ohio this weekend to see the Season 5 dancers from the show "So You Think You Can Dance". We are linking up with my friend Nancy Beelman, her daughter & DIL. We are going out for dinner before the show & who knows whatelse after the show ... LOL ... should be an awesome show & great fun with wonderful friends). NOW ON TO THE CHALLENGE .....


We at Saturday Spotlight are thrilled with the awesome participation we had last week for our very 1st challenge and CAN NOT wait to see what you come up with this week!!! Our notorious leader, Miss Vicki (basementstamper) has come up with yet another awesome challenge idea!! This week we are to find a way to "DRESS UP" a plain ree image and make it any type of Season we'd like. Our sponsor this week is DRS DESIGNS and the winner of this week will receive a gift certificate from DRS Designs.




Here is my creation for today's challenge. This lovely tree is from DRS Designs (as is the sentiment) and I have used it not only as my focus image but I've used it to create my background panels. How much fun is that!!!


Here is a list of items used in this creation:

Stamps: DRS Designs
Papers: Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Inks: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Brillance Gold
Accessories: Nestabilities (Classic Circles, Scallop Circles & Classic Ovals), Nestabilities (Ribbon Tag), Gold Pilot Marker, Dimensional tape, Sponge, Stampendous Diamond Dots, Prisma Flowers, Darice Ribbon



Please be sure to check out the designs created by the other Spotlight Divas. These ladies are amazing and very inspiring!!

*Vicki (Creator/DT Coordinator)
Boni
Chris
Crystal
Darlene (that's me, teehee)
Dawn
Debbie
Erin
Jessica
Maria
Susan


Here are some reminders for you to follow:

1) Be sure to place the DIRECT link to your creation in Mister Linky in order to qualify to win the prize from our sponsor or voting for the top 3 creations.

2) If you upload your creation to an on-line gallery, please be sure to label it with the keywords SSHP02
3) Have your creation uploaded in Mister Linky by Friday Evening, 7:00 PM CST in order to quaify for any prizes awarded for that sponsor week.
4) We would like to have only NEW creations for this challenge please!
5) Link your creation back to the Saturday Spotlight Challenge blog.
There you have it! I hope you enjoyed my creation and I'm so looking forward to seeing yours! Enjoy your weekend and as always ... thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!!!

19 comments:

  1. Ooh, very beautiful Darlene...Love the image and that's a nice touch with the gold around it. I've got to get me some Nesties! Those diamond dots are perfect for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, I think this is just one GORGEOUS tree!! LOVE how this fir tree is all dressed up in gold!! :) So elegant and creative hun!! Thank you once again for another beautiful creation and a fantastic post hun!!

    ACK!! I can't believe where you are going?!! How fun!! I hope you enjoy it hun...you deserve it!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Dar. I love how you used that stamp to the fullest potential. Great way to make a fabby Christmas card!
    I sure hope you all have a great time!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Darlene...I just love how you dressed up this tree!!! Gorgeous work gf!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card! Your colors are so rich and the repeating fir branch elegant creates such a classy holiday feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a rich, beautiful Christmas card, Dar!! Love the way you used the tree to make bg paper-it looks terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely, I love how you used your image for your background and your colors are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Darlene Love the rich colours you have used,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Darlene! You are such a clever girl--look at that fabulous background! Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dar! I hope you had a WONDERFUL weekend visit with your daughter & friends! Your card is beeutiful, I love all the layers and, of course, the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ho Darlene!
    This is such a gorgeous card...love the way you used the tree stamp in the background....such a brilliant idea! A very elegant card!!!
    take care
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is really beautiful! Love how you used the main image to create your background! Great thinking! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another elegant beauty!!!! What a great elegant card!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just absolutley stunning! I love the tree and how you have it highlighted. It just pops right off the page! It looks so joyous and just give a real spirit to the season!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was hoping to be able to leave a comment before i left for camping, but this was not up yet!! I just love everything about this card!! The way you stamped the tree on the edges, decorated your tree, etc. Total elegance my friend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous card!! I love how you created your background!! All the diamond dots are wonderful!

    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.