Saturday, October 3, 2009

Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday Challenge #9

WOW ... what a busy weekend I'm having ... but luckily I have a creation to share with you that I made for today's SSDS challenge ... which was a Halloween Theme. In fact, I have two Halloween creations to share with you.




My creations are both created using Rubbernecker images. Aren't they cute!



The scene on this first card was created using SU Home Is Where The Haunt Is stamp set. The sky was created with a little "sky" stamp from Ala Art. I used old olive ink and a sponge pod to create the grass ... another large sponge pod and more mustard ink to make the moon and soft sky ink for the sky. My "Halloween Ghost" was stamped onto white cardstock and colored with Prisma pencils and gamsol. I then used my Fiskars swivel craft knife to cut him out and pop him up in the front.






For my second creation, I used the same method as my first creation. Stamp, color with Prisma & cut out with swivel craft knife. I had had his Nestabilities scallop rectangle laying on my worktable and decided it was perfect to make my happy guy stand out!! It's hard to see in the photo, but I've popped up the TOP portion of the pumpking so it looks like he's ready to leap off the card. My base card is deep hunter green and the Halloween dp is from DCWV and I've used Hobby Lobby purple organza ribbon. The corner treatments are green metal dots by Colorbok.



Thanks for stopping by ... hope to see you again tomorrow!

16 comments:

  1. Too stinking CUTE!! Both of them. Between you and Penny this week I think I'll have to offer up more prizes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Love the happy pumpkin. Thanks for playing with us at SSDS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are giving treats out early this year Dar! Both of these are incredible cards. I'm enjoying all the fall and Halloween cards you're pumping out. Terrific work my friend!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are darling Darlene!! Awesome job!! Thanks for playing at SSDS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards - love what you did with the digi's.
    Have a great Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. I love them. The Halloween cards are hard for me. I don't know why, I love Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Halloween card, Darlene--you HAVE had a busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!! Girl, these are just too cute for words hun!! I adore Halloween and the colors and all the fun images you've added are super adorable!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. great cards Darlene, your ghost and pumpkin look so happy. Thanks for joining us at SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love them! They are both adorable! Of course, I always like your cards. Guess you could say I'm a fan!!! Thanks for playing with SSDS!
    Scrappy Love,
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh, I love the ghost with the witch..... I am still sooooo intimidated at creating scenes like that and I love how you used the SU set AND the digi image. Love it. I love the colors on the pumpkin one!!! love it.

    Thanks for playing this week at SSDS! I always look forward to your creations!

    big hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh now these 2 made me smile : )

    And I LOVE that purple organza ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the scene on your first card and the fun pumpkin on your second! Great Halloween cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are both good fun halloween. Not spooking a child or anything..like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are both too stinkin cute! thanks for playing along at SSDS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.