Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #23


Time for another MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE and this one (for me) was a doozie!!! If you look at my last post ... then this one ... you are going to think that I only own ONE stamp set but this Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas image is just "making me happy today" so I'm GOIN' WITH IT!!!! LOL!!


If you haven't been over to Priscillastyles Blog, you are really missing out!! There is SO MUCH going on over there, I'm really having a hard time keeping up. I'll tell you a little more at the end of this post but for now, here is my creation for today! OOOOoooppps ... I see I forgot my little embellishments on my three panels ... oh well, too late now! Hope Priscilla doesn't smack my fingers ... since I don't have a "wireless printer" for my laptop ... I've been doing a quick sketch before going to the craft room and seems I missed this detail. NOTE TO SELF: take laptop to craftroom and quit sketching!!!





My friend, Sandy (glitterqueen that she is) will be thrilled with this creation! She says a card isn't complete until it has a bit of "sparkle". Well let me tell you ... this card has sparkle on all four sides so it definately qualifies as complete!!! LOL!! And I was able to utilize some of the holiday scraps I had piling up on my worktable! Hope you like it!!







Be sure to check out the BLOG HOP beginning the end of the week. Should prove to be VERY INTERESTING! Thanks so much for stopping by today and as always, your comments are appreciated!

13 comments:

  1. WOW!! You are working some serious magic with that wonderful CS Vintage Santa image!!!! I love the MM sketch, too, and your blingy paper is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo Darlene!! Boy are your ever quick with the sketches!! I just love your take on the sketch! Gorgeous combo of dp and what gorgeous colors, details and image!! love all your creations but especially seeing your takes on the different challenges. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your having fun with the glitter Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome take on this sketch -- those DPs are perfectly vintage and the touch of color on Santa's hat is an eye-catching accent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Darlene - I love this image and your unique card!! Just fabulous - your DP's are perfect with this vintage feel card! Love it! Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we look forward to seeing what you do next week! See you at the Blog Hop on October 16!
    Linda MMSC Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Darlene! I really love this. I would love to get a card like this for the holidays! You have a knack for really putting out some gorgeous cards. I enjoy them so much. Thank you for joining us in the fun this week at the MMSC. Hope you will play with us again.

    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Darlene! Those patterned papers are lovely, as is your Santa! Great job on this week's MMSC, boy did I struggle, LOL! Your poinsettia is a perfect fit too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has so much eye appeal and wonderful elements. Just a wonderful vintage display...it makes me want to get out my decorations for Christmas...lol Thanks for playing along with us at MMSC this week. We will be looking for you at the blog hop Friday.

    Carol
    MMSC-Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know...I have a glittering enabling friend too. She's only 3 posts ahead of me. I am a Stickles FREAK now thanks to Carolyn! Love your card and that you sketch the challenge before making your card! Too cute! Well done this week!

    Sue
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow Dar!! This is just breath-taking hun!! I totally LOVE how you've used this sketch!! Brilliant colors, papers and design!! You rock!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great holiday themed card and wonderful take on the sketch.I love that stamp too. No worries my smack will not hurt..but I will give you a cyber smack on the cheek for always making me smile with your wonderful cards you make. {{{{Muuumaaaaaa}}}} there you go.. a big cyber smack for ya :) LOL Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week and SEE YOU AT THE HOP!!
    p.s your post looks great..make sure you add your name a second time for your blog hop post :) good luck.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a lovely Santa Christmas card. I just love the image and your dp paper selection! Thanks so much for sharing your artwork with us this week!
    Denise
    MM Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.