Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT time ...



Good Saturday to you all!!! Are you ready for some fun??? Then please come join us on Saturday Spotlight today where we are MAKING A SCENE!!! No, not hoopin' & hollerin' ... but a scene in the card creating way!! Please be sure to check out what my fellow team mates have to share with you for more inspiration ... WOW ... such a creative bunch!



Now when I think of creating a SCENE ... my first thoughts go to my Stampscapes Stamps. Coming up with a scenic creation is a breeze with these images. They are also what I turn to when I need anything masculine ... can't go wrong with the "great outdoors" for the guys!!! There are actually 6 different images used in making this card and I'd like to share the steps taken in its creation.




STEP 1: The center Rocks & Trees image was stamped again on either side of the main image using Versafine black ink. STEP 2: Next the sky was stamped using a Sky image by Ala Art using Soft Sky ink. STEP 3: Using a large sponge pod and More Mustard ink ... I created the evening Sun. STEP 4: Stamped the Flying Geese in the sky using Versafine black ink. STEP 5: Stamped the Fisherman in the water using Versafine black ink. STEP 6: Created more water in the foreground using the Water/Sand image and Versafine black ink. STEP 7: Using SMALL sponge pods and various inks, I've done the coloring in of the trees, rocks & water. FINAL STEP: Stamped the Sentiment using Really Rust ink. The sentiment reads: In the Woods We Return to REASON & FAITH.



This weeks sponsor is SQUIGGLEFLY. Squigglefly is a digital stamp company with several talented artists to provide a HUGE variety of images suited for just about any taste you have! If you've not tried digi's yet, no worries, there are FREEBIES that you can try before you buy! PLUS, they have tutorials to help answer any digi questions you may have along with a very supportive network of people that would be happy to help you out!


Squigglefly has GENEROUSLY donated to the winner of this challenge picked by random.org
TWO FREE digital images of choice!!! In addition, Vicki is also throwing in a THIRD FREE digital image from herself just for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight! How cool is that!!!





For your quick access, links to the DT members are listed below:

*Vicki (Creator/DT Coordinator)
Boni
Chris
Crystal
Darlene (you are here)
Dawn
Debbie
Erin
Jessica
Maria
Susan



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you are have a fun filled weekend! The weather is a bit crummy here in NE Ohio but they're promising us Indian Summer type weather for the upcoming week ... guess I'll just have to be patient, LOL!!

19 comments:

  1. omgosh darlene, this card is amazing... absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! Darlene!! I am in awe of your sweet serene creation here!! I love the images, the colors and the whole setting! Reminds me of that artist Bob Ross who painted those trees with friends!! :) TEE! Thank you for your beautiful creations every week Dar!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is stunning! And created with different stamps too. How clever are you then?
    Note: I have a FREEBIE Mouse image posted on Tuesday Taggers if you wanted to snag it! See the post on my blog.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I can tell you enough how much I LOVE this card!! You did a FAB job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, Dar, I love, love, love this!!!!!
    I've often looked at those stampscapes in awe, even my hubby thought they were wonderful!
    You did an amazing job creating this scene, just gorgeous!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this the minute I saw it.. I think it is so serene and peaceful.. Just what we all need.. Great job Darlene..

    ReplyDelete
  7. My oh my Darlene, this is really fantastic hun! It really does look like a painting! 6 different images? WOW! I have not tried doing anything like that before, and will definitely have to show this to my Mom (she's very artistic) who loves to paint, and this is right up her alley!

    REally, truly fabulous! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I never got the hang of working with the stamp scapes, but you've mastered it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you never ever run out of incredible ideas do you? This is unbelievable! The perfect masculine card! LOVE IT!!!!!
    blessings,
    kIm xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow Darlene this is totaly amazing I am in Awe of you,you rock,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzer girl!! Love your scene!! Totally magnificent!! Love all the colors and the way you put all those stamps together. You are right scenes like this are great for masculine cards.

    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. You are the sweetest. I am going back to bed in a bit but wanted to visit all you gals and tell you what an awesome job you did with today's challenge. You rock girl!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is such a gorgeous scene that I wish I could visit! Beautiful combination of images and the soft colors make this such a peaceful retreat. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene this looks amazing...WOW six images in this beauty too.Your coloring looks AWESOME!!! What a beautiful scene and such a fantastic sentiment!!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Wow, Wow And more Wow... This is totally a work of art. You've done an amazing job!! The scene is incredible and the sentiment is wonderful. I'm in complete awe!

    WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Darlene this is absolutely gorgeous! The scene you created is awesome!! What a fantastic masculine card!

    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness, girlie, this is stunning! you totally rocked this card! :) really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is breathtaking, Darlene!! What an amazing and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just gorgeous! Love the scene card you made!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.