Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT time ...

[This is a prepost due to the fact that I'm on the road headed to Indiana to join in on Joan Fricker's Get Together ... sure hope this works like it's supposed to!]

Happy Saturday Everyone and it's time for another Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential Challenge! Are you ready for this one??? Today's challenge is TREAT CONTAINERS! How much fun is that!! Be sure to pop on over to the challenge blog for all the details and be sure to check out the other Diva's blogs (listed on my sidebar) for some amazing creations. Some ladies have even done tutorials or linked you to a tutorial. Thanks Ladies!!!

Now, on to my creations! Keeping in mind I need a LOT OF PRACTICE with these types of projects ... please be kind, LOL!!! The idea for this first Treat Container came from my own imagination (such as it is, teehee). I used a Giant Eagle Quart size storage zip top bag for my base container. Using a strip of cardboard covered with Halloween paper, I've made a flat bottom for inside the bag (see insert). Using my SU Top Note die, I created the topper then simply attached these adorable chipboard Halloween characters (gift from my friend Terri Snode, Terri's Cards 'n More) for decoration. A very SIMPLISTIC container but I have no doubt my grandson will LOVE it!!!


For my 2nd creation I went looking for more STRUCTURED help. A friend recently sent me an email with a link to Dawn's Stamping Thoughts blog and there I found TONS of creative ideas! While looking through the list, I noticed she had a Movers & Shapers Treat Holder video. I viewed it and used it as the basis for my Snicker's Holder here.




The papers I have used are from the Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holiday pack purchased at JoAnn's and the bat is another diecut chipboard given to me by my friend Terri. I've used Nestabilities Classic Ovals and Scallop Ovals for the window on the front, to expose the goodies available inside. The Snickers bars are inside a smaller zip top bag that I had in my stash from something I've purchased along the way (can't throw ANYTHING away you know, teehee)!


Well, that's it for my creations ... NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!! Be sure to DIRECT LINK your creation to Mr. Linky over on our Challenge Blog and when uploading to other online galleries, please use the keyword SSHP04. This week's sponsor is FireCracker Designs and they are generously giving away not one but TWO free stamp sets to this week's winner!!!

Good Luck everyone! I will have my laptop with me so first chance I get I'll be checking out what you have created and leaving you some comment love!! Have fun!!

22 comments:

  1. I want that snickers bag lol... its BRILLIANT.. well done you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dar!! WOW!! These are both REALLY adorable treats hun!! I think they're just perfect for a little spookster to get his hands on!! TEE!! Thank you for the link to the tutorial on how to make one...I'll need to check that out!! Thank you once again for your awesome project this week!! You rock as our Spotlight Diva!! Enjoy the weekend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Treat Containers Darlene,love the chipboard,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These chipboard characters are wonderful and your creations with them are the perfect Halloween treats -- so funny, cute and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could these be ANY Cuter???? ADORABLE Darlene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Darlene!! For not making treat containers before you sure rocked this challenge girl!! These are stunning. I just love your colors, images and designs. So bright, cheery and fun!! Gorgeous girl!! Hope you had a great time away at Joan's get together. Sounds like fun!! Can't wait to hear about it when you return.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job, Darlene! You have given me new inspiration. Those die cuts were so big, I didn't know what to do with them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are terrific gift bags, Darlene! You're just so darn creative! Love your new shabby blog background--well done, my friend--it's perfectly you!

    Have a wonderful time on your trip this weekend, hope you have sooooo much fun and come home with lots of new goodies and new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are fabulous!! Great job.
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene love both of these, great ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey you should have told me you were going I would have stowed away in your trunk, have fun!!!!!! Oh the envy
    Hugs Lana

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY CUTE! I love the papers you used also

    ReplyDelete
  12. My word, these are so much fun! I love that cutie pop chipboard image and those bats on the second bag is fabulous! What great colors and papers you used! Great idea in putting some card stock in the bottom to stabilize it. And I love that SU Top Note die! So versatile! Just love them both and you should create them more often!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Darlene! What great treat bags! I am so impressed! I especially love the second one. Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your projects turned out great!! So colorful and fun : ) Can't wait to hear about your trip - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW WOW WOW Darlene, you rocked this challenge girl...LOVIN your treats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darlene you rocked this challenge. I love second one.. It is very clever and unique.. Hope you had some fun times this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well if these aren't the cutest!

    REally fantastic job Darlene!

    Thanks so much for your kindness too, it really touches my heart : )

    **hugs**
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both fantastic!!!!!! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so fabulous Dar! I love em both!!!! You did a seriously excellent job!
    Now can we eat the candy????
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did such an awesome job on these treat bags, Darlene!!! They are both sooo clever and unique....I know where I'm going trick or treating, for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, those are awesome!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both are awesome - but I LOVE the bat!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.