Friday, October 16, 2009

Stamp Simply #109 Gate Fold



Happy Friday Everyone!!! It's time again for the Stamp Simply Challenge over on Sharon Johnson's No Time To Stamp Blog. If you've never visited Sharon ... you are not only missing a wonderful weekly challenge but in her store she has the most AWESOME ribbons and many other goodies! Please jump over and check it out! Now on to my creation for today's challenge.





The only stamping on this card is in the inside (see below). I started with a white base card which I sponged using Ranger Vintage Photo ink along the edges then layered designer paper from the Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holiday pack sold at JoAnn's. On top of the red designer paper I've used parts of one of the images from the Cornish Heritage Farms Thomas Kinkade Christmas Series designer paper and filled in the extra space with a panel of another Debbie Mumm dp. My main image is chipboard from the K&Company Christmas Cheer chipboard set. I'm really happy with the outcome and think I'll be making more for the upcoming season.






Here is the inside of my gate card. The floral scroll on top was created with Shapeabilities and I used the same Debbie Mumm dp I used for the small panels on the front. I know it's difficult to see but I have stamped a whimsical tree (by Inkadinkado) with versamark behind the sentiment. The sentiment stamp is by Northwood and was stamped using Versafine Black ink.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and please check out Sharon's blog and the creations by her design team. There is some wonderful inspiration from these ladies!!! Enjoy your day and upcoming weekend!





22 comments:

  1. Good morning hun!! I just ADORE your gatefold creation!! The vintage Santa image is soo awesome!! :) TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene!! Love what you did with this challenge.. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a lovely vintage feel to it, love the colours!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card..... love the victorian Santa images...... and love the flourish on the inside. Great great card!!!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, what a lovely card Darlene!!!
    That is a gorgeous vintage Santa! You do such a great job incorporating DPs...you're so awesome!!! :)

    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAr this is incredible! I'm glad you explained about the Santa. I just knew that it was a stamped image! Oh, you are ever so very clever!
    Blessings,
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. DAr this is incredible! I'm glad you explained about the Santa. I just knew that it was a stamped image! Oh, you are ever so very clever!
    Blessings,
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just marvelous Darlene! I love the cozy vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so you Darlene.. I love the vintage. What a super image.. I have not done a gatefold in so long.. Super job..

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME LAYOUT! GREAT VINTAGE NICK...I'M GREEN WITH ENVY FOR THOSE LABEL DIES.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Christmas card, Darlene! Love that image & your gatefold--you're an expert with these! Everything you do is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlene this is GREAT!!! LOVE the vintage feel and your gate fold AWESOME!!! Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, Dar!! Love the gatefold and all the gorgeous vintage touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous gatefold Darlene!! Love the Debbie Mum paper and the vintage feel!! Sweet holiday image!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is beautiful. I recognize the chipboard image...I believe I have the same one. Another great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I mean to tell ya hun, your creations are getting better and better! Just when I think I've seen a favorite, you outdo yourself with the next creation! I love the tri-fold cards, and have only made 1...now yours has inspired me to try more! Love the different papers, colors and the nesties you used...that image is gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic gatefold. Lovely Santa Image. I adore it and the papers are terrific. Super terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! With these wonderful images, who needs stamps? OK, we still need stamps, but this DP is an awesome addition to the image stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am going to have to check into some of these DM papers - they are gorgeous! and your card has such a soft, vintage feel to it, which you know I'm loving!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your gatefold here, Darlene -- great use of those images -- a wonderful job, as usual!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.