Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crafty Secrets Challenge - RESIST

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!!!





Today's challenge over on the SCS Crafty Secrets Forum is to use a RESIST Technique. I decided to use the Embossing Resist for my creation along with my Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas Santa image & Snowflakes from three of their Christmas sets.




There are several RESIST Techniques available in the SCS Resources folder found HERE ... or you can check out this specific technique HERE. GinaK has an awesome gift idea using this techique over on STAMPTV ... you might want to check that out too!



Here is a list of items used for my creation:

Stamps: Crafty Secrets (Vintage Christmas, Christmas Joy, Snow Bunnies)
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green
Inks: Baroque Burgundy, Versamark, Versafine Black
Accessories: Sponge pods, Silver Pearl Embossing Powder, Frima Flowers, Creative Imaginations brad, Hobby Lobby Organza ribbon, Stickles, Baroque Burgundy marker, Prisma Pencil, Gamsol, Paper Piercing Tool
Techniques: Embossing Resist, Paper Piercing





It's always fun to try different techniques and since I am one who can get "stuck in a rut" quite easily, I think I'll go get creative and try a couple other resist techique styles. I hope you have a fun, creative day today no matter what you may be doing. I'm trying to get ready for a Craft Show (Nov. 7th) so I'd better get busy! Enjoy your day everyone and thanks for stopping by!!!

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Darlene I love the vintage father christmas,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene!! I love your card and your pics from SYTYCD... You must have had a blast!! Are you watching SYTYCD Canada?? You could get your fill there too!!
    I watch it when I can. both of them..
    Have a great day Darlen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with this technique - wonderful bkgd!! So glad you got to get away with the girls -looks like a fun time! If you have a chance don't forget to let us see some pics from your craft show when the time comes : )
    Have A Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore this image! He's got the most piercing eyes! I love the vintage feel to him and the colors are perfect. Just adore it!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, WOW girl this is AWESOME!!! I just LOVE this santa and your colors and layout are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Dar. I love this technique and I'm so glad you shared the the technique folder with us! That Santa image is gorgeous and your snowflakes are beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, Darlene! I haven't done this technique before, so I'm going to stop procrastinating now & get busy! Thought I'd just do a little blog hopping first! Thanks for visiting my blog--see you at Splitcoast later on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow dar this turned out great! The snowflakes really look awesome. I love that red stitching and the flower treatment is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Darlene, love that vintage Santa, and your embossing...it's sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful Vintage Christmas Card...I love the CS Santa image, the gorgeous colors, papers and such a lovely poinsettia Prima!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What can I say besides gorgeous background, gorgeous image and gorgoeus flower!! This is so brilliant hun!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.