Sunday, July 26, 2020

A few more CAS styled cards . . .

Happy Sunday All!

I have a couple more CAS (clean & simple) cards to share with you this morning.  I started them yesterday but didn't finish them until this morning.  Your thoughts??


I saw a card of similar style over on Pinterest by designer Chrissie and used it as my inspiration.  She has such a wonderful way with CAS design ... I could certainly learn a lot from her.  I still struggle with NOT adding MORE.  That 'less is more' saying just doesn't resonate with me most times ... lol.

For the Sue Wilson Petite Vinery and the Frantic Stamper Deepest Sympathy sentiment, I have used 4x6  panels of glossy white card stock along with alcohol inks (gosh haven't used them in years!) to achieve my colorful elements.


I've used shades of blue & green which would indicate this card would be used for a man but I actually think you could use it for either gender.  What do you think?  Can you see the shine on the leaves ... so pretty in real life!!




I have a second card to share today and this time I've made a 'slimline' card.  They seem to be the rage in the crafting world right now and fit into a legal size envelope.  My card base measures 8 5/8" x 7 1/4" ... scored at 3 5/8".  I've used a scrap of design paper for my background panel and I've had this HUGS sentiment die cut and laying around for quite awhile so finally gave it a home.  The only other thing I did to finish off this card was to add dots of Nuvo White Crystal drops to the centers of the flowers on the designer paper.  Viola ... ready to write a note to a friend and get it in the mail.



Even though I'm not sure my craft shows will take place this Fall, I think I'll make up some of these slimline cards for my sale box.  It's something a little different and since it doesn't require extra postage, it could be a good seller.   I'm sure you'll be seeing more slimline cards coming from me in the near future.

Well there you have it! 

Enjoy your day everyone and PLEASE stay safe/healthy!
As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene! Thought I'd take you up on your invite to visit and glad I did. The sympathy card is gorgeous. I struggle to Not Add More on CAS cards, too. The HUGS card is lovely especially with the little dots. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Crafty hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Darlene
    I am making some sympathy cards and love your idea. I am also making some slimline cards. You always inspire me. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. I think I need to pin this, I love it's simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful and yes slimline seems to be the rage right now, a great way to use of some of our neglected papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on the sympathy card, the vine die is pretty with the Alcohol inks, I think it would work for either also!
    Love the big sentiment on the slimline and cute to add centers to the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll tell you what I think -- they're both awesome! The first is just so pretty with all the white, and the second is fun with the cute paper and big "hugs". We've been camping again and I'm in catch up mode, so I may have to make this a quick visit, but I'm going to love looking at ALL of it! Everything old is new again, right? Like how someone came up with the name "slimline" so they'll be brand new. I do love the look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.