Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Mix It Up Challenge - Anything Goes + Open Technique

Hello my friends!
A new month means a new challenge over on the Mix It Up Challenge Blog.
Remember, this is a monthly Anything Goes challenge but with a fun twist that you can choose to join in on ... or not!  This month's theme is:

Anything Goes + Open Technique
(any technique you want ... please specify the technique you used)

I'm using the 'Watercolor on Dark Cardstock' technique that I spotted on YouTube HERE by artist Korin Sutherland and Faux Stitching.

 After 'splattering' varies colors of watercolor with an artist brush onto a 4x6 panel of
navy blue (regular) card stock, I came up with a panel like this ...
To create my card, I matted this panel onto white card stock, then used navy blue card stock as my background panel onto a white card base.  Using a white gelly roll pen, I did some faux stitching around the outside edge for added texture.
I've used the following dies  ...  Spellbinder 'Shining Star' (S2-181) and the sentiment is from the Sue Wilson 'Twinkle, Twinkle Clouds & Stars' die set (CED21015).

Here's the inside, which was computer generated onto a 4x6  panel then die cut.


I do hope you'll pop over to the Mix It Up Challenge Blog and join in the fun!
You have until 6 PM EST the last day of the month to enter!
I'm so inspired by the rest of our amazing DT 
and I can't wait to be inspired by YOUR project!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

                   

12 comments:

  1. What an awesome background for your star! Love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like it! It would be fun to do a splattery background like this on dark cardstock. Gee, I could do that! I've been debating over maybe getting some of the black watercolor paper. It looks fantastic with metallic paints and I have plenty of those. Decisions, decisions. In the meantime I have your awesome card for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously designed, great inside too....x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that is so cool, great background for your star, I bought some black watercolor paper and have yet to use it, I need to break it out, thanks for the inspiration.
    You are a very busy woman at the beginning of the month aren't you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous background for your lovely star. Love the navy blue & white combo. Awesome sentiment on the inside, my friend. Love it!
    Hugs,
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun this is with the background you created, a very fun and clever birthday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Darlene ! First I wish to thank you for your kind comments on my Blog. I alssways take a look to your cards and they are beautiful. This card with a bright star and amazing background is great too. Hugs, Veana R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a stunning card Darlene and I am SO intrigued by your background! Off to take a look at this technique. Have a great weekend! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and such beautiful splattered panel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing, Darlene! I could have sworn you splattered acrylic paints! My watercolors couldn't possibly be that bright and bold! Would love to know the brand...but oh never mind, I have no business buying any more watercolors, lol. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great watercoloring idea! Love the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous background Darlene. Nice choice of dies and great faux stitching. Sorry it has taken a while to comment - recovering from knee surgery. Thanks for your lovely comment on my MIU card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.