Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Swimming by to say HI

Hello Friends!

In doing my blog commenting this morning, I spotted THIS fun card by my friend Doni High for the Little Red Wagon challenge which has a theme of creating your own background.  Well if you know me, you know I do enjoy creating background panels for my cards and 'making a scene' so to speak!  LOL  So here's what I've come up with . . .

 I created this background a week or so ago for another project but then switched gears and set this aside.  I was simply a spray of TH Broken China Distress Spray that I got a little heavy handed (fingered I guess I should say) on so it didn't work for the other project but works great for an underwater scene for today's card.

The dies I've used are:

Sue Wilson Designs - Fillables Collection - Underwater Accessories

Frantic Stamper - Dies - Swimming Mermaid
 Memory Box - Dies - Wandering Jellyfish

 Paper Rose - Dies - Under The Sea Border

What a fun card to create and since I didn't have the sentiment I wanted,
I simply created my own on the computer and die cut it using a Tutti Designs rectangle set.
 

So there you have it !
Now I'm headed out for a bit since the weather is beautiful!

Challenges to share in:
Try It On Tuesday Challenge - Summertime
Animal Friend Challenge - Fishes, Whales, Dolphins
Papercraft July Challenge - Ocean / Water  Oops missed the deadline

Wishing you all an AMAZING remainder of your day!  
As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

9 comments:

  1. A sprayed background! I knew you'd come up with something awesome! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great scene and what a fabulous background.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fun card so much! The under the sea border really caught my eye right off the bat! Then of course the sweet little mermaid comes next and then of course the fish just speak to me. All this and a sentiment too! Such a great sentiment and it all rolls together to make a wonderful under the sea card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Darlene!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love when one background not good for one card can be just perfect for another, this looks great for your underwater scene, great coloring of your die cuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, was für eine wundervolle Karte. Vielen lieben Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, this is beautiful! Isn't it great to have a stash of backgrounds to get those creative wheels turning? Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like they say ... (not sure who "they" are, but they're right) No such things as mistakes in crafting, only creative opportunities :-) Your background is perfect for you underwater scene. Love it. Hugs ~ Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.