Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Birthday Cards

Happy Tuesday Afternoon Friends!

Being in need of a few more birthday cards for friends & family, that was my goal today!
So, I turned to the Paper Playful site to locate a few sketches to help get me started.

I found this fun sketch at the Tuesday Morning Sketches Blog so that's what I'm going with for this card.  Here's the sketch they are offering this time around . . .


Even though most folks used an actual flower for their focus image,
I decided to use balloons to 'create' a flower for mine!
A bit different, but I think it works!!


I had a few left over balloons so I placed them on the inside panel (here's a peek inside) ... now all it needs is some loving words and it will be ready to mail!


I've used Tim Holtz 'Tumbled Glass' Distress Spray Stain and Tim Holtz 'Seedless Preserves' Distress Oxide Spray to create the background.

For my 'balloon bouquet', I've used the balloon dies from the Sue Wilson Designs - Shadow Box Collection - Celebrations die set and die cut them using panels of white card stock that I inked up using various Nuvo Diamonds Hybrid Ink Pads purchased from the Dies R Us Store.

Sue Wilson Designs - Shadow Box Collection - Celebrations

I've used the small words dies from the Sue Wilson Designs - Perspective Collection - Happy set to create my sentiment panel. 

Sue Wilson Designs - Perspectives Collection - Happy

Once I die cut the words, then I cut around the words using one of the banners from the Sue Wilson Designs - Frames & Tags - Stitched Flags set.  This is one of my all time favorite sets to use for my sentiment panels. 
Sue Wilson Designs - Frames & Tags - Stitched Flags



I think it turned out pretty darn cute!
I hope the recipient thinks so too!  What do you think??

Other Challenges to share in:
Cards 4 Guyz Challenge - No Patterned Paper (7/28)
Lemon Shortbread Challenge #124 - Anything Goes (7/27)

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!



11 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch, Love the card and all those gorgeous colours here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birthday card design. Balloons are always perfect and for any age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une jolie carte d'anniversaire avec un fond magnifique et festif.
    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does work and I love all those balloons! The die sets you've shown are fantastic! You must have added a second bazillion since last count. This stuff is so much fun, isn't it! I hope to never become jaded because I've enjoyed card making more than any other hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and creative take on the sketch with the balloons, and neat to add them to the center of the card. Your background almost looks like confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. I love that colourful selection of balloons and the fact that you finished the inside with the spares. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch with the balloons. Would be glad to receive this fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and happy birthday day, my friend. Love the colours you used for this card. Beautiful!
    ♥ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is a great take on the sketch! I love all those cheerful balloons and the attention to detail with the strings. Wow! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun, fun birthday card! Great take on the sketch!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cluster of balloons was a clever idea and I love your choice of colors. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.