Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Goodies for a Girlfriend!

Hello Everyone!

How are you doing these days?  If you're anything like me, most days you're doing okay but then you have a day where you're just tired of staying home, doing the same old stuff day in and day out!  With the Coronavirus still at it's peak, you're almost afraid to attempt to do much away from the house like you used to.  

Pin on emoji

But, today I'm venturing out to have lunch with a girlfriend and thought I'd make a little treat to give her for helping me get 'out of my funk'.  Besides, I've had this die sitting around for awhile now and it's about time I gave it a try.


The die I'm referring to is this one . . .
  

Sizzix - Thinlits Die - For the Birds
Sizzix - Thinlits Die - For the Birds

Of course, as you can see, the set comes with these cute birds & branches to place inside the 'house' but I did it a little differently!  I decided to use vellum on the inside of each panel and fill it with M&Ms! 

[Fast forward a few hours!]

Well I'm back from lunch and it was wonderful!  Chit Chat with a good friend was exactly what I needed to put me in a better frame of mind.  We went to TGIF, sat in a booth up in the bar area and there was absolutely NO ONE ELSE in there!  There were a few other customers in the dining area but less than a half dozen!  So it was awesome! 

OH and she loved her little surprise gift.  She was headed over to see her grandson and said he was going to love sharing her M&Ms. LOL

Okay NOW I'm in the mood to get something done here in my cave. 
Till next time ...

Stay safe, Stay healthy, Stay HAPPY!
As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely and sweet designs here, they look fabulously full of yummy delights. x…..♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make the best gifts. I'm so glad you had a nice outing. So rare these days. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute gift to give your friend, I like the idea of giving her something she can share with her grandson :) Glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourself, I saw a friend in her front yard for her birthday in early May but haven't seen them in person since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so incredibly cute, Darlene! I know your friend loved it, including the M&Ms inside! I feel you about needing to have some girlfriend time. Since this whole thing started I've only been with my BFF twice and that was outside -- once on a picnic and once on our deck. We really need our girlfriends. I'm glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.