Thursday, July 23, 2020

Birthday card for a Crafty Friend!

Hello Friends and Happy Thursday!

Today I have a card to share that I created for a dear crafting friend who just happens to be celebrating a birthday today and I've used the sketch from Mojo Monday as my starting point.  I hope she (Birgit) likes it!


Here's the sketch Julee is sharing over on Mojo Monday.



When I'm in a hurry and don't have anything in particular in mind,
I can ALWAYS pop over to Julee's blog and check out the latest sketch she's sharing
to use as my starting point.  That's what I've done today!

I've chosen to use some pretty papers that I've had sitting in the drawer for awhile now titled Pink & Blue Watercolor (couldn't find the company name on it .. hmmm).


Even though the matting looks black in the photos, it is actually navy blue and matches beautifully in real life.  Somehow my camera doesn't capture the blue colors as it should.

A sentiment by Tutti Designs, scalloped stitched square dies also by Tutti Designs
and a few Nuvo Crystal Drops and my card was in the mailbox just in the nick of time!!

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Creations July Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Moments Challenge #195 - Anything Goes (didn't use the option of pink)
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - All About Occasions
Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

I hope you've enjoyed my share today!
Here's wishing you a WONDERFUL weekend ahead!
Stay safe & healthy my friends!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

16 comments:

  1. A beautiful card today, nice to see your different and inspiring designs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! Just love the colours and paper of choice!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like it very much in fact, I love it!! The papers are gorgeous and fabulous design. Thanks for thinking of me dear friend. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous papers indeed, Darlene! That's a great idea to go to a sketch to get you started! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout and a beautiful card. Love the papers. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous,such beautiful papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and I love those papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful papers and it is just lovely to use them with this sketch to give them the best way to showcase them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch and use of those pretty papers Darlene. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is beautiful! I totally love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Darlene
    It is simply breathtaking. Love it. I am going to save the picture for a later idea.Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant card with beautiful papers and layering! Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a beautiful card, Darlene, and I know Birgit loves it! Julee's Mojo sketches are always a great jumping off point.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what beautiful papers, just perfect for this card design. Another stunner! I'm sure Birgit loved it!
    ♥ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so bright and happy while still being elegant with that gorgeous DP! A great sketch to work with and you've done it perfectly!! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a gorgeous card. All the lovely patterns work beautifully together and the design is really lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.