Sunday, July 5, 2020

Fun with Stencils . . .

Hello dear friends!
Happy Sunday and for my USA friends/family ... Happy 4th of July Weekend!

While going through my blog feed and leaving some loving comments,
I stopped by crafting friend Ros Crawford's blog and was intrigued by the challenge she created a card for!
That challenge is over on the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge Blog,


I had never heard (or thought about) this technique and thought it would be fun!
I was right!  Fun and Easy!!  Here's what I came up with . . .


I have used a 'ClearScraps' party stencil for my focus technique.
After sponging lightly with some TH Broken China in the corner, I overlaid
my stencil and sponged a corner of it using TH Salty Ocean ink.  While
holding the stencil in place, I used a fine tip black pen and outlined around
the balloons and the squares.  How cool is that!!

Lastly I stamped my sentiment using my new Pretty Pink Posh Simple Sentiments stamps and die cut it using one of the dies from the Sue Wilson 'Frames & Tags' Stitched Flags set.

I find great joy in being inspired by all my crafty friends!
Thanks everyone!!

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!
As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

       

8 comments:

  1. What pretty and fun balloons, Darlene! I love the confetti and streamers that make this even more festive! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard about this technique. It does look like it's easy and fun. It's very effective - looks lovely!!! Will have to give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Stay well!
    Hugs ~ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, great use of the stencil and I love the light inking you have done around it, going around the balloons makes it look more like a stamp then a stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Darlene for joining us at CAS Mix Up Stencil:-) Love your blended colors on your stenciled balloons and confetti. Such a cheerful birthday card with your traced balloons and confetti really standing out! TFS Stay safe and Creative. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, I have an addiction to anything balloons for some reason and this one is just so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your party card is so fun and bright Darlene! LOVE the way the outlining brings focus to the stenciled images. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fab. Great colours and such a fun design. Thank you for playing along at the CAS Mix Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.