Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge - Ocean/Beach

Hello my friends!
Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Our theme, chosen by Diane this time around, is:

 OCEAN / BEACH

 I decided to go with an 'OCEAN' view card.
One of the things I missed being able to do while on our Tahiti trip a couple of years ago was snorkeling.  Unfortunately I ended up with bronchitis so couldn't breath through my nose which meant my snorkeling adventure would have to wait for another time ... I was REALLY bummed out about that!!!

I can only imagine how beautiful all the fish & coral were in those gorgeous blue waters.  It was beautiful to look down from the boat let alone if I had actually been able to get into the water!!

So here's as close as I'll be getting for awhile . . .


 I created my background 'ocean water' panel using Tim Holtz oxide distress inks the die cut from a few different sets from white card stock and began coloring with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  My sentiment is computer generated.

Dies used are:

Little B - Mermaids

 Little B - Dies - Mermaids

 Sue Wilson - Fillables Collection - Underwater Accessories

 Sue Wilson Designs - Fillables Collection - Underwater Accessories


Paper Rose - Under the Sea Border 

Paper Rose - Dies - Under The Sea Border


Impression Obsession - Mermaids

Impression Obsession - Dies - Mermaids

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

Challenges to share in:
CCC Digi Creations Challenge #116 - No  Patterned Paper
Daisy Chain Challenge #43 - No Designer Paper
Die Traumfabrik - Dream Factory Challenge #82 - Aquaman
 Love to Craft July Challenge - ATG

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and design Dar! I love the view from your snorkel. I went snorkeling for the first time this year when we went to Mexico. It was truly amazing to see all the colorful fish up close and in person, once I got the hang of "breathing" under water. Fabulous card for today's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly have created a fabulous underwater scene with all those cool dies and I love the ocean background you created with those 'bubbles' and all the bright and cheerful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling under the sea scene! Love all your beautifully colored dies! Hope you'll get your snorkeling achieved some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is such a wonderful card! Love all of the creatures you have and the great background. I understand your snorkeling disappointment! I didn't get to do it as well when we went to Ras Mohammed but the view from the boat was even incredible. Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful underwater scene. Great design to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just look at all the fun here! I love it! This makes me smile, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun scene, great job on the background and coloring of all the sea creatures.
    Sounds like you need to take another trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful design and awesome quotation. Love the seaside and all the gorgeous natures of the water...hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card . Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    CCC Digi Creations
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know they say that things happen for a reason. Maybe, just maybe you would have had an encounter with a great white, so it was much safer for you on the boat! :-) But I understand about being bummed, and I'm sorry that you didn't get to do all that you had set your heart on doing. So while you wait for the next opportunity, just picture yourself in this awesome scene you created, my friend. It's absolutely lovely!
    ♥ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wunderschöne Umsetzung, eine tolle Unterwasserwelt,,danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik, liebe Grüße Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a colorful design. I love the underwater border die and the way you colored the background. Well done sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Daisy Chain Challenges this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully put together and a great sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at the Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous ocean scene, Darlene! You are the queen of oxide ink backgrounds. Love the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors, the background, the colorful fish and corals - your card is a real jewel, Darlene! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Dream Factory ....sorry for the late comment. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.