Saturday, July 25, 2020

CAS (clean & simple)

Hello Friends!

Today is a hot/humid day and since I didn't feel like going out into those temperatures, I decided to play in my crafting 'cave' where it is nice and cool (thank goodness for Air Conditioning). LOL

Many crafters have a particular STYLE to their card designs but as for myself ... I can't really pin point what my 'style' actually is!  I truly enjoy all styles and even though I'm better at some more than others, but I'm always trying to do my best and improve on those that are weak. 

I have some friends that do an amazing job with the CAS Style (clean & simple).  Over the past year, I have been trying to create more cards in this style and would really like to become a DT member on a CAS blog so that's the direction I'm taking today.  I have actually created THREE cards in this style and I will share them in the order I made them ... which one is your favorite??

Card #1


I love using Stampscape Stamps ... especially to create cards for the men in our lives.  The outdoors stamps available from this company make it easy to create some amazing scenes.  Today I'm simply using ONE stamp and colored pencils.  I did add a Pretty Pink Posh (Encouraging Greetings) sentiment and the evening sun was created with a marshmallow sponge and some old SU ink.  This is a single layer card.


Card #2


For this card I've used a older Penny Black (Enjoy Life) stamp set and using my TH stamping platform have stamped it in various shades of green.  I then die cut it using a Tutti Designs Scalloped Stitched Nesting oval set.  My sentiment is from another Pretty Pink Posh stamp set (Simple Sentiments) and the butterfly is a very old Martha Stewart punch.

Card #3


My final card has a few more layers but still (I believe) keeps with the Clean & Simple card design style.  I have used scraps of card stock & design paper to create my flags.  Doing a bit of die manipulation to achieve the lengths I desired using the Sue Wilson Stitched Flags.  My sentiment is once again from the Pretty Pink Posh (Encouraging Greetings) stamp set.

I'm pleased with today's creations and I 'think' they all would qualify as Clean & Simple, but I will keep working at perfecting this style and might even throw my hat into the ring on a DT Call I spotted for even more inspiration and encouragement from those who have more experience in the style. 
Wish me luck!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
 Challenge Up Your Life July Challenge - Vacation Mood  (Card #1)
 Penny Black Saturday July Challenge - ATG  ... Option/Nature  (Card #2)
Di's Digi Challenge - Use Your Paper Scraps (Card #3)

Enjoy your day everyone and PLEASE stay safe/healthy!
As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Darlene,perfect CAS designs..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such awesome work. These are all so very lovely and I love the CAS simplicity of them. They still pack a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, I love all three cards for different reasons. The first is all outdoors and that's just the sort of thing I love, especially a forest. However, I really love the grassy stamp in olive green on your second card, plus the cute butterfly. Then there's the flags on #3. I had such a thing for flags for a while that I had to make myself not put them on every card. I still love them and feel they're perfect for adding that little something to the design. So there you go -- I have no idea which one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL beautiful cards, hard to pick beauty from them all, maybe the middle is more my type. Have fun making CAS they are great...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your cards are stunning! Your CAS style is perfect in my opinion. I love that penny black stamp die cut with those pretty ovals. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're so talented, my friend. Your CAS designs are absolutely stunning! Good luck on that DT call. They'd be lucky to have you, I'm sure!
    ♥ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards! Thanks so much for joining us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big fan of CAS style Darlene and all your cards appeal to me! The banners are gorgeous and the dramatic butterfly perched on the grasses beautiful too, but my favourite is the first card: your scene is just stunning and the way you've coloured it gives it such depth - and on a one layer card too! Wishing you all the best with the DT call! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to laugh because I have no idea what my style is either, I try to create for the person I am sending it too most of the time so I am not sure if I have a style.
    These all make great CAS cards, but I will have to say that first one is my favorite of them all, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All are beautiful, my favorite is the first card as I always love what you do with those stamps! As for creative styles, I call mine 'All Over The Place' lol...good luck with your application!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, Love how you used the scraps on your card. Thanks so much for joining us at the Di's digi designs challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a calm scene. Thank you very much for playing along with us at Challenge up your life. Greetings, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful CAS cards..Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Designs Challenge 🙂
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.