Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Double D Challenge - Let's Go To The Beach!

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
I'm happy to say I am hosting today's challenge and today's theme is:

 Let's Go To The Beach!
 
The design team ladies have come up with some amazing designs for your inspiration, be sure to pop over and check 'em out!  Speaking of inspiration ... here's the mood board I created ... hope it helps to inspire you!



 Here's what I have created for you ... can you tell what items in the mood board inspired me??

The stamp set is a very old (circa 2003) Stampin' Up set called 'Sketches'.
I'm sure many of you who have been crafting as long as I have remember this awesome set.

I had actually forgotten how many STAMPS I had in my stash to fit this theme until BFF Diane mentioned using stamps on her card.  WOW!  I really need to start looking beyond the many die sets I have.  Nice to drag out an oldie but goodie! 
Doesn't she look relaxed just looking out over the ocean?!

 I did however bring out a couple dies to embellish my card and the sentiment is from another oldie but goodie stamp set by Stampendous.

We have this fabulous  die offered as the prize to one lucky random winner. 
Remember ... you gotta play to win!

Impression Obsession - Single Beach Chair

 Impression Obsession - Dies - Single Beach Chair

So be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you at Double D!

As always . . .


12 comments:

  1. This will be us next time if we ever get together again, the beach not far from our place. Love this scene.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card and the sentiment couldn't be any more perfect for the situation we are all in now. That could be me sitting in the chair on any given day here, a fabulous stamp set you have used, glad you pulled it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card says it all. What a beautiful, relaxing scene you have created. I wish I was there, which is what you were going for I'm sure. FABULOUS creation......happy birthday my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! This serene beach scene and sentiment are perfect! Love the background papers. I want to be on this beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I found myself( as I read that sentiment) to breath in deeply and slowly! I do so want to be in this lovely scene that you created. Just feeling the breeze of the ocean or lake on my face. Wouldn't that be lovely? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful and peaceful scene with a sentiment that is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh we all could take some time to relax at the beach, especially if we were able to stay away from others and enjoy listening to the waves splash against the beach. Love the sentiment to go with this great relaxing card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and peaceful Dar! I wish I was on the beach right now too. Just perfect for this challenge and the times we're in. I often forget about all the stamps I have too. I do so love working with dies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE! I can feel the cool ocean breeze via your card! So perfect, so relaxing! Although we have overcast skies today, we have been to the beach everyday with Penny this past week....not sitting and relaxing like your beautiful card though, more running and splashing and hole digging lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I wish that was me sitting by the sea... Fab card Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember this stamp, but I never owned it. Definitely a popular one and your beautiful card is the perfect showcase. You gave it the best of both worlds by adding the die cut shells.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely card Darlene! Beautiful scene you have created with the gorgeous image and fabulous dies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.