Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Sisterhood of Crafters - Ink It Up

Hello my friends!
Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Our theme, chosen by Jennifer this time around, is:

 INK IT UP


This card is nothing BUT INK!  LOL
I've used an old wooden block floral stamp by a local artist ... Stacy Stamps to create both the background panel and the foreground 'bleached' panel.


The two inks I've used are Tim Holtz Distress inks 'Spun Sugar' and 'Picked Raspberry'.
I did the bleaching technique on the leaves (from a Simon Says Stamps set)
but only clear embossed the flower in the center.  The highlight area is from the lighter
Spun Sugar sponged in the center where the Picked Raspberry is around the outside edge.


I couldn't tell is my card stood out better with a pink or black background for photographing so I'll give you a sample of each. LOL

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


10 comments:

  1. This card is an inked up beauty Dar! I love the you thought to use the same stamp to create the background and the bleached out leaves are such a wonderful detail not to be overlooked. This is perfect inspiration for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created card Dar, that background is amazing, very well done!! I like both photos lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, very pretty card, Darlene! I haven't tried bleaching yet - it sounds like something I could enjoy though. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like it with the pink background. Such pretty stamping for your background. Love how you framed the main flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I'm loving the colours! The centre flower is stunning! Beautiful card Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Darlene! I love the shades of pink that you've used. Picked Raspberry is so fun and I love the Spun Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Darlene and all ink for sure! Photographing is such a pain sometimes! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.