Friday, August 4, 2023

A wedding card request ...

 Hello All and Happy Friday!

I had a request recently to create a wedding card for an Amish couple.  Luckily the requester could share the happy couples invitation with me and I could use that as my inspiration for their card.  The invitation had a burgundy colored flower on the side so that's what I drew from for today's creation.


I've used an older Stampendous flower for the focus image and have colored it using my Tombow markers.  Once colored, I went back over it with water & artist brush to soften the color a bit and then fussy cut it so I could manipulate the angle & pop up where needed.  Using a very old embossing folder, I created the background then did decide to pop up parts of the floral focus and glued down the rest.  The Best Wishes sentiment dies are from Tutti Designs.


For the inside panel, I mimicked the front by stamping a portion of the flower on the bottom corner  then lightly watercolored using the same Tombow marker colors.  A sweet little sentiment and the card is ready for the happy day.

Hope you like today's design and are inspired to 'share the love' in a creative way today!

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .

PS ... After writing up this post I realized I had forgotten to 'Dot the I' so I went back to my work table where I still had the panel laying there that I had cut the sentiment from and retrieved the 'dot' so I could correctly 'dot the I' lol.  NOW my card is ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. I imagine this beautiful card will be cherished by the couple. It's an honor to be asked. Love that gorgeous flower and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.