Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Double D is Collaborating with ALTENEW!

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!

Our theme today is:
 
STENCILS / Optional Anything Goes
 
We are excited to announce that we are collaborating with the awesome ALTENEW company for today's challenge.  They have a wonderful Build-a-Garden Collection  available and the DD DT is happy to showcase projects using some of those beautiful sets.  More details a little further down in my post.  (They are offering an AWESOME $50 GIFT CERTIFICATE PRIZE to our winner ... HOW COOL IS THAT!)
 
Here's an inspiration board Diane has created to help get you started . . .
 

 
Here's the card I created for the Double D STENCIL portion  of our challenge ...

 
For today's project, I have used a Ciaobellapaper.com stencil called 'Fishbone (MS041)'.

 After stenciling using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide 'Broken China', I stamped this beautiful 'Hot Off the Press' Flowers & Ribbons Stamp.  Then, I proceeded to do a little fill in coloring using my Tombow markers.


 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

*** MORE ALTENEW INFO  ***

I have chosen to showcase their Build-A-Garden Glowing Gardenias set ... here's what I created:

This set comes with the stamp set (lots of fabulous sentiment included), the coordinating dies and the stencils for awesome coloring fun.  They also include great instructions but if you still need more help, you can always go to their YouTube channel for visual instruction.

I must admit, I wasn't happy with the color on the first card I created

so, I stamped the single flowers, used the stencils to recolor more to my liking then die cut them with the individual dies that come with the set and popped them up over top of my flower on the original card.  MUCH BETTER!  LOL


For even more chances to win a prize, check out the Altenew Inspiration Challenge .. you'll want to join in their fun also!

Be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and they certainly do fit their name as they do glow, all are beautifully designed cards surely to inspire us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love that fish bone stencil design. The regal purple and yellow sunburst really glow on the Gardenia Build-A-Garden card. The deep purple is so pretty. I love the lighter purples too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both creations are beautiful! Great colors too! That Altenew design is magnificent, I can feel the warmth from that sunburst! I do love all of that purple, how easy to change the look! Altenew makes crafting and card making sooooo easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your Altenew card, but I have to say that the stenciled one is grand! What a show of stencils and it is so pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three gorgeous cards Dar! The first card is brilliant, using all the patterns and colors. The set you chose to work with from Altenew is a wonderful set and I love both of your cards. The purple flowers are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stencil card is beautiful and look at you, coloring with markers like a pro! With the Glowing Gardenias card, not only did you get the color you liked better but also a little dimension added. Great save!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting more inspired with each new card I see. So much so that I'm considering the subscription, but I don't want to jump the gun. Love how this set comes with individual blooms that you can layer, plus the sunburst stencil. Both of your card versions are lovely, Darlene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are lovely, I really like the technique in your first card it turned out very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and colours are stunning the effect is always great and your card looks beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your cards are just amazing. I love the colors you have used, really showcases those Altenew images perfectly. Love your stencil sample too, stenciling on top of the stamped and colored image is GENIUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.