Friday, August 18, 2023

Doodling around with a sketch . . .

 Happy Friday Everyone!

Welcome back to my blog!  Today I've created a card for a fun challenge blog in support of my BFF Diane (Nellie's Nest) is on their design team.  The blog is called SKETCH SATURDAY and who doesn't love a good sketch to get their mojo started!

 Here's the sketch this time around and their optional theme is ADD A DOODLE ...

 

 I had a 'new to me' stencil from Hero Arts called 'Pumpkin Bunch' that I've been wanting to play with so today's the day!  Here's what I came up with . . .


After all was said and done, I decided to add the 'doodles' but maybe I should have left well enough alone!  What do you think?  Here's what it looked like 'pre-doodle' ...


I've used Tim Holtz distress oxides for my stenciling and the candy corn is actually a sticker strip from my scrapbooking stash (as was Mr. Spider lol). He was an after thought lol.

Here's a peek at the inside ...


A few other challenges to share in:

Stay Crafty with a blog named Hero August Challenge - ATG Hero Arts (ends 9/3)
#heroarts and #staycraftychallenge
My Time to Craft Challenge #514 - Stenciling
 Make My Monday Challenge #207 - Three Images of Anything (pumpkins)

 Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fun weekend planned!
My 3-day family reunion is coming up the end of the month, so luckily we have a large farm where we hold our reunion.  Big pavilion, working kitchen, at least a dozen picnic tables ... but it's not used routinely so a group of us are headed over this weekend to get things all cleaned up (power washed) & mowed. 

 

 

 We will be making my Uncle Hen's (God Rest his Soul) sweet buns to share ...

 

 As always . . .

 

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the added doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun, Darlene - another fabulous stencil! I love pumpkins, and that candy corn border is adorable! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cute Hero Arts stencil! I love this one and the candy corn border & spider. The doodles look good to me, like little specks of spider web. More busyness for you this summer. Thank goodness this is the fun kind of busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, love the doodles (of course I love doodles, right, LOL), a great take on our sketch and I almost bought this stencil myself awhile back!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketch Saturday!
    Diane SS DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Sketch Saturday}

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute, and I think your doodles look great!
    Have a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks wonderful, thanks for joining us at the MTTC challenge, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulously cute! The doodling is perfect and enhances the black outlines on the candy corn. Thank you for playing along with us at MMM for my three of anything theme. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Thanks for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! Thank you very much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.