Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Playing with colors ...

 Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Today I've created a fun card to satisfy a few blog challenges I spotted over on Paper Playful.  

What fun I had creating this card.

I've created my background ink blended panel by using Tim Holtz Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean & Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Inks and large sponge daubers.   The floral stamp I used is by Altenew and is the Build-a-Garden Dear Dahlia Bundle.  I've used Tombow markers for the coloring.

 After coloring & die cutting my flower image, I die cut a couple plain white panels and glued them all together to give my flowers a bit of dimension before attaching to my ink blended panel.


My little birds are a die set by Jeanine's Art called 'Winter Birds' (JAD10027).  

And my sentiment panel is from the TON company called Easy Expressions ... Coordinating Die.  It's a grouped layering stamp set and I love it!  If you buy this set, be sure to watch their short video ... very easy to line up once you know how to do it!  LOL  ask me how I know.

The challenges that inspired this creation are as follows ...

Just us Girls Challenge

Tic Tac Toe Challenge #220
#tttc220
#tictactoechallenge

I've used the diagonal Ink Blending, Birthday Sentiment, Bird

AAA Birthday Card Challenge # 52

 Simon Says Monday Challenge - Happy Birthday

 I hope you're having a fabulous week!  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say hello.  I truly appreciate your feedback on my projects.  Looking forward to more crafting fun later in the week ... as always ,

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and flowers,love the inky background and little birds
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, I am sorry I am a bit late popping by as I was on vacation till just a few hours ago. Such a pretty card using our colors both on your background and the stamped florals too. Those three little birds are as cute as can be. Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and sweet, love those little birdies with your pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing so good with the Build-a-Garden sets! And look at those adorable little birds. You know I love 'em! Love the sentiment, too. A great combo for several challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bold and happy card Darlene! The colours are gorgeous and I adore those cute birds! Thank you for coming to play with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the colors! I love those tiny black birds too. They’re really cute thanks for joining in at JUGS and AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely bright and colourful card Darlene. The image is so pretty and love the pop of black with the sweet birds. Thanks for sharing with us over at AAA birthday challenge. Hugs, Denise, DT x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work on the AAA Birthday challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.