Saturday, August 26, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Poppies

 Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is 'POPPIES'.  

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


The embossing folder I'm using today is one from Nellie's Choice and the Poppy stamp is an old stamp by Stampin' Up.    After embossing my white card stock panel, I carefully stamped by image as it actually has two leaves and a longer stem which I didn't want to run into the embossing.  Coloring was done using Tombow markers and after adhering my panel to my red card base, I did some faux stitching to finish it off.  Very happy with the outcome and this card could have a variety of sentiments added ... depending on the need.

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Darlene, I love the embossing folder you’ve used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, stunning as always, and I just love this x♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous emboss folder and great image to add as the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Darlene! Love the single poppy colored perfectly. The embossing folder is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love the coloring and that embossing is lovely with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have kicked myself many times over for not buying that beautiful SU! bloom stamp when it was available. It looks just gorgeous on this card with that fabulous embossed frame! Love that bold red color against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out beautiful, and love that white stitching you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clean and simple and sensational, Darlene! Well done with the placement and coloring, and the texture and stitching are perfect! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous embossing folder you used, and the one that's up for a prize is really pretty, too! I love the single red poppy framed by the field of dry embossed flowers. A really beautiful card, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Darlene, this is so stunning. I LOVE that embossing folder, it showcases the beautiful focal perfectly. GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is eye-popping gorgeous! That highlighted poppy is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.