Saturday, August 5, 2023

Altenew August Challenge

 Hello and Happy Weekend my Friends!

There's a lot going on here in the Akron-Canton area this weekend.  If you're a football fan you'll know what I'm talking about since it is the Hall of Fame Weekend with lots of famous football people in the area!  It actually started Thursday night with the Hall of Fame football game which kicks off the football season.  I watch football but not a 'gun-ho' football advocate so this busy football weekend just means there are a LOT MORE PEOPLE in the area so I think I'll just hang on in the cave and try to get caught up on cards.

So, with that being said, I spotted the colors requested over on the August Altenew Inspiration Challenge

Badge 2 

Screenshot 2023 06 20 at 7.09.39 AM 1

 and just had to play along.  I'm sure I'll play more then once through out the month but this is a start.

 

 I decided on using their Build-a-Garden Rosa Gallica stamp set for today's creation.

 I have used Tombow markers for the coloring today.  Some was straight coloring and other parts were water colored using the Tombow markers.  For the side panel I simply took a scrap of white card stock then colored it using the appropriate Tombow marker color to get the contrast I was looking for with my lighter colored flowers.

 As you can see, I've chosen to use the larger flower stamp for my A6 card.  The most difficult part of creating this card was choosing from the variety of sentiments offered!  But then I decided to keep it a bit generic yet could be used as a Birthday card also.


If you don't have any of the Altenew products, you owe it to yourself to check 'em out.  They have such fabulous bundles of Stamps, Dies & Stencils that creating is endless using the same set.

Challenges to share in:
My Time to Craft Challenge #513 - Shades of Blue
Addicted to Stamps & More #451 - Make your Mark

 Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead!

As always . . .


3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card with some wonderful coloring of those blooms! I think I'd be with you and hang out in the cave too under the circumstances. I hung out in my cave today to escape the heat though LOL Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, matches the inspiration very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful colors and I love this stamp. You did a really nice job with it here. I would choose to stay out of the madness, too. I have a busy week coming up, but it will be nice times with friends

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.